Daily Archives: January 19, 2012
This week is pretty exciting for activities for Pursuit of Wellness. It starts out with Occupational Wellness – with 3 activites to choose from! The week wraps up with Spiritual with the launch of Interfaith Week events. Leave a comment and let us know which activitites you are interested in participating in this week!
Remember if you plan to go to Meet, Eat and Learn on Wednesday, you will need to RSVP by tomorrow – Jan 20th!
Week 2: Jan 23 -29. — Download your own copy here!
- Monday: Occupational
- Attend one of the Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals Informational meetings. (Wellness Center Classrooms – 10am, 2pm, and 4pm)
- Contact the ND Museum of Art and volunteer to work at their Annual Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction on February 4th. Volunteer times range from 5:30 until 10pm.
- Attend the first SHAC meeting of the semester in the Medora Room of the Memorial Union from 7-8pm.
- Tuesday: Physical
- Attend Cycle for a Cause class at the (Wellness Center – Cycle Room – 5:15 pm). Local businesses will donate to Altru’s Cancer Center for every mile cycled.
- Fill out the online e-chug assessment. Bring your ID number from the assessment to Peer Education office (lower level of the Union).
- Make an appointment for Jan 24 for a Free Standard Fitness Assessment. Appointment must be scheduled for Jan 24 in order to redeem your red WOW for this day.
- Wednesday: Emotional
- Attend Meet, Eat and Learn. RSVP REQUIRED to recieve a WOW. RSVP to Women’s Center by Friday, January 20th 777-4302. The Meet, Eat & Learn series is a great opportunity to learn something new, share views and ideas, and interact with others – all while enjoying a delicious and FREE lunch. Presentation formats vary, including but not limited to: talks, panel discussions, demonstrations, and plays. Topics are ever-changing and are related to issues that affect the UND community and beyond. (International Center – Noon to 1pm) Join us to hear Mary Askim-Loveseth share her knowledge about how beauty is affected by the media.
- Visit the Student Involvement Office in the Memorial Union and contribute to the “Before I Die” Project, an interactive public art project where we can discover the hopes and dreams of the people around us as it serves as a reminder of what is most important to us. Add bucket list ideas to the wall! (Daily picture updates will be posted on the University Program Councils Facebook page. Follow by visiting facebook.com/undupc.) Project sponsored by UPC & STLF.
- Thursday: Social
- Attend Cycle for a Cause class at the (Wellness Center – Cycle Room – 5:15 pm) Local businesses will donate to Altru’s Cancer Center for every mile cycled.
- Attend Men’s Basketball vs. NJIT (The Betty -7pm). Tickets are available at the Student Ticket Office in the Memorial Union. Visit the NoDak Nation table (formerly known as Sioux Crew) and ask for your Indigo WOW – wristbands will be distributed on a limited basis.
- Attend a SWAC Meeting (Wellness Center Adminstration Office Conference Room – 6pm)
- Friday: Environmental
- Snowman building contest on the front lawn of the Wellness Center. After snowman is completed, see front desk of Wellness Center to claim your green WOW. Judging of designs will take place at 4pm on Friday by SWAC. Winners will be announced on the Wellness Center Facebook page. (weather permitting).
- Visit the ND Museum of Art to visit the Winged Shadows Life Among Birds Exhibit between 9am and 5pm.
- Help provide a healthy environment for the UND Campus. Attend monthly Healthy UND meeting. FOCUS: MENTAL HEALTH (Swanson Room 10-12 – Noon to 1pm)
- Saturday: Intellectual
- Visit the ND Museum of Art to visit the Winged Shadows Life Among Birds Exhibit between 1 and 5pm.
- Sunaday: Spiritual
- Attend Yoga Relax. A yoga class that is focused on breathing techniques and stretching to relax the mind, body and soul through yoga practice. No need to have prior yoga experience; join the class at any time and experience the benefits of Yoga Relax. Class is held on Sundays at 5:30pm
- InterFailth Week starts today. Attend Native American Presentation and Drumming Ceremony (Memorial Union, Badlands Room – 3:30pm
Week 3 events will be posted on Wednesday, January 25th at 5pm. Watch for those events here: www.und.edu/health-wellness/pursuit