Are you ready?
Posted by justme
This question keeps ringing in my head tonight…
Think about when you might hear this question. Before getting a shot, taking a test, competing in a big event… and pretty much most other things that make me feel like I’m going to throw up from nervousness come to mind for me.
And, according to the Little Doubter, or for the sake of having some fun in this blog I’ll call her Little D, inside of me the answer is always “NO!“
Could you imagine how your life would be if you actually listened?
Today alone, Little D would’ve kept me from:
- getting out of bed
- driving in busy traffic (remember my accident?)
- making a phone call
- going to a class at the Wellness Center
- finishing a class at the Wellness Center
- I would probably be well over 400 pounds
- I wouldn’t be able to say I have been white water rafting, climbed the side of a mountain, or traveled to fun and interesting places
- going to college and making it through? HA.
- there’s no way I’d love my job SO much.
- my list of friends would be alarmingly small
- life would be… DULL.
“One does not discover new continents without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” ~Andre Gide
Posted on November 14, 2011, in Emotional, Environmental, Intellectual, Occupational, Physical, Social, Spiritual and tagged acheieve, challenges, confidence, doubt, obstacles, perserverance, ready, struggle, success, weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.